OA Mandate Adoption Challenge for Institutions and Funders

University of Southampton/EPrints is launching a week-long Open Access Mandate Adoption Challenge for OA Week.

Representatives of universities, research institutions and research funders the world over that have adopted (or are planning to adopt) an OA mandate are invited to register their policy inROARMAP (the Registry of Open Access Material Archiving Policies) as a show of force during OA week, setting an example to encourage other institutions and funders worldwide to do likewise.

If you know of an OA mandate -- already adopted or proposed -- that has not yet been registered in ROARMAP, please register it (or encourage a relevant official to register it). And please spread the word! Apart from making your own research OA, promoting OA mandates is the most productive thing you can do to make OA happen, and happen everywhere. (Discussion invited!)

Please register your mandate in ROARMAP HERE

Progress in mandate growth during OA week will be charted by Dr. Alma Swan (a Program Advisor for OA Week) in OASIS (Open Access Information Sourcebook) [reaches growth chart directly], EOS [click here twice to get to growth chart] (EnablingOpenScholarship) and elsewhere.


Creative Commons License Please feel free to re-use to promote OA. All Open Access Week postings by Stevan Harnad are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License. Most are based on works at openaccess.eprints.org.

Tags: access, mandates, open

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) joins the Challenge by registering our recent OA mandate. On 6th October 2010 the Governing Council, approved the Open Access Institutional Policy at the UOC. The Vice President for Research and Innovation delegated the design of a proposal to the UOC Library. The OA mandate requires the staff of the University to deposit in open access in order to collect all the scientific and educational output produced within the University.
The distinctive features of the UOC policy are the integration of all the communities of the University, taking into account research, teaching and management staff as well as bearing in mind all the document types generated within the university.
Read the full policy.
Just in time for the Mandate Challenge, this October the EUR-OCEANS Consortium of 25 European climate & marine research institutes (including CNRS, British Antarctic Survey, Alfred Wegener Institute) has voted to adopt a mandate for all beneficiaries (ROARMAP registration very much in the pipeline).

In addition, IFREMER (the French Institute for Sea Exploration) has most likely introduced in August 2010 the first institutional mandate in France.

Two key examples for leverage in the marine & climate disciplines!
Splendid, IvoI Now, can someone please register that mandate in ROARMAP, so Alma Swan can add it to the OA Week Challenge growth chart? (Ifremer's mandate was already registered in september: http://bit.ly/ifremerOAmandate )
Best wishes, Stevan


Ivo Grigorov said:
Just in time for the Mandate Challenge, this October the EUR-OCEANS Consortium of 25 European climate & marine research institutes (including CNRS, British Antarctic Survey, Alfred Wegener Institute) has voted to adopt a mandate for all beneficiaries (ROARMAP registration very much in the pipeline).

In addition, IFREMER (the French Institute for Sea Exploration) has most likely introduced in August 2010 the first institutional mandate in France.

Two key examples for leverage in the marine & climate disciplines!
Felicitacions a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya! Els beneficis vindran després... -- SH


Cristina Vaquer said:
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) joins the Challenge by registering our recent OA mandate. On 6th October 2010 the Governing Council, approved the Open Access Institutional Policy at the UOC. The Vice President for Research and Innovation delegated the design of a proposal to the UOC Library. The OA mandate requires the staff of the University to deposit in open access in order to collect all the scientific and educational output produced within the University.
The distinctive features of the UOC policy are the integration of all the communities of the University, taking into account research, teaching and management staff as well as bearing in mind all the document types generated within the university.
Read the full policy.

Thanks so much. All the evidence points to an increase in impact and citations...
Stevan Harnad said:
Felicitacions a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya! Els beneficis vindran després... -- SH


Cristina Vaquer said:
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) joins the Challenge by registering our recent OA mandate. On 6th October 2010 the Governing Council, approved the Open Access Institutional Policy at the UOC. The Vice President for Research and Innovation delegated the design of a proposal to the UOC Library. The OA mandate requires the staff of the University to deposit in open access in order to collect all the scientific and educational output produced within the University.
The distinctive features of the UOC policy are the integration of all the communities of the University, taking into account research, teaching and management staff as well as bearing in mind all the document types generated within the university.
Read the full policy.
"Shavell seems to be unaware that over 90% of journals already endorse Green OA self-archiving in some form, 63% endorsing Green OA self-archiving of the refereed final draft immediately upon acceptance for publication. That means at least 63% Immediate Green OA is already potentially available, if mandated (in contrast to the 15% [not 5%] actual Green OA that is being provided spontaneously, i.e., unmandated, today)."
HARNAD, Stevan. Conflating Open Access with Copyright Reform: Not Helpful to Open Access. Open Access Archivangelism, 2010, no. July 30 2009. pp. 29 d'octubre de 2010. Available from:http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/618-Conflating-Op....

Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make critically articles I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this actual publish extraordinary. Great process!
investir option binaire
avis brokers

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?
investir option binaire
guide brokers en ligne

RSS

All content on this site is released under CC-By unless specified differently by poster   Created by Andrea Higginbotham.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service